Thursday, November 20, 2008

Can I?

[RE-POST] Originally posted at my other blog site 06/07/05 10:57 AM

This is soooo cheezy! But what can i say? I have a flair for the dramatic. I have more of these stuff. I wrote this at a time when i was an emotional wreck more than 3 years ago. I'm thankful that phase of my life is over... Catch a glimpse of that by reading on...

Can I?
- a poem of longing



Can I think of you?
Even if your mind wanders elsewhere...
When elsewhere is the face of another...
Can i dream of you?
Even if in your dreams you seem content...
Content with the love and care of some other...
Can i be jealous of others near you?
When there's no reason that i should be...
And being thus means fooling only me...
Can i be possessive of you?
When you already belong to him, while I...
Don't have you, don't own you, when i most need you...
Can i make love with you?
But in having this love consummated...
We destroy ties, trusts and friendships too...
Can i touch you? Hold you? Embrace you?
Warm up my being...
Give meaning to my existence...
Ignite the fire in my soul...
Am i allowed to miss you?
I feel helpless, i feel desperate...
I'll get crazy of this longing for you...
Can i at least look at you?
Gaze at that face, you don't have to look back...
Just for a moment, be by my sight...
Can i talk to you? Speak to you?
Let my whispers reach your ears...
Let my words drown out your fears...
Can i love you? Love you. Love you!
Let my lips touch those cheeks...
Let these eyes gaze that beauty...
Let my hands soothe your pains...
Let this feeling soar, fly free...

5 comments:

daemon said...

can totally relate...

=)

The JAVA Man said...

I guessed so. ;)

JERRY said...

hi jason (and mon!),

just visitin..havent opened my blog in ages!

see u both!

ciao!

The JAVA Man said...

Oh hi Jerry! Welcome to my blogspot! =)

Orange76 said...

nice poem. :)